REY JUAN CARLOS UNIVERSITY, ALICIA ALONSO DANCE SUPERIOR INSTITUTE and master PATRICIA PASSO,present
University Diploma in ETHNIC- CONTEMPORARY DANCE – Oriental Fusion Specialization
Patricia Passo and teachers of Alicia Alonso Superior Institute of Dance, Rey Juan Carlos University and FusionArt – Patricia Passo Dance School teach the first and unique university course of Oriental Dance. A way theoretical and practical where the principles of occidental academic dance join to the anthropological study of oriental dances, investigating the depths of an ancestral dance, which every day is renewed without losing its essence.
This 7th year of University Diploma in Ethnic-Contemporary dance, specialization in Oriental Fusion arrives with renewed energy followed by a new offer of education. To renowned titles of University Diploma in Oriental Dance and University Diploma of Dance Therapy – Specialty in Oriental Dance is added the Affiliates Centers (link) of Oriental Fusion Dance in the Patricia Passo method, teaching to old students the University Diploma.
Obtaining a University Diploma of Oriental Dance for Year 2016/2017 consists of 3 subject areas (containing different signatures):
- Theory : Anthropology of Oriental and Occidental Dance – 4,5 credits
- Practice: Choreography and Interpretation of Oriental Fusion Dance – 4,5 credits
- Didactical: Methodology of Oriental Fusion Dance – 4,5 credits
- Students from ethnic or classical dances interested in academic education, in the integration of dances which in their origins were transmitted in a limitative level to the present.
- Students or Professionals of Oriental Dance or other type of ethnic dances associated.
- Students or Professionals of Occidental Classic Dances.
The number of hours indicated in each module (separated by multiple signatures) refers to presential part of the course.
The selection is made through two modalities to choose: Option 1 – Presential exam:
- Personal interview.
- Curriculum Vitae and application form delivered
- Presentation of a choreographic piece of Oriental Dance.
Option 2 – Remote exam:
- Send Curriculum Vitae and
- Sending multimedia (video, youtube link …) of a choreographic piece of Oriental Dance.
- Interview by telephone (or skype) with interested student.
In order to receive the application form, please write to us email@example.com
THEORY MODULE: ANTHROPOLOGY IN ORIENTAL DANCE AND WORLD DANCE PANORAMA
Enlarge and cultivate knowledge in dance through a journey in the history of the universal dance from the comparative perspective between East and West.
- Genesis of the dance. Basic principles of the movement’s creation.
- Dance in the Paleolithic and Neolithic: The relevant of pelvic movements and the Goddess worship.
- Historical trip from many primitives dance: war dances, imitative dances, cathartics dances.
- Historical of India Classical dance and its link with 5th Veda: Natyasastra.
- The ritual, the spirituality in dance.
- Dances of entertainment: the importance of community. Introduction to folklore concept.
- Middle age, the period of darkness of the dances in ritualistic character, the censorship, the ascension of palace dances.
- From ritual to art: the aesthetics of dancing art.
- Evolution of the dances, concepts: Primitive, ethic, folk and academic dances.
- Comparative travel of occidental x oriental histories of dances.
- Introduction to the concepts of classicism dance in the west and East.
- Dance concepts in Middle and Near Orient with Ethnic Oriental Dance. Historical causes and development of a vocabulary over the centuries: miscegenation and cultural diversity in Ottoman harems. Characteristics that made difference in many languages and vocabulary of movement inherited by miscegenation.
- Travel by nomadic dances of gypsy character: influence of oriental dance.
- Panorama of oriental dances today: East and West, integration or distance?
Criteria of evaluation of theoretical part
Assistance and participation in classroom. Presentation of a written work (thesis) at the end of course to the university court.
24 hours divided in 6 weekends through the school year 2016/2017 Delivery of Alicia Alonso Dance Superior Institute Certification and Fusion Art – Patricia Passo School Dance.
PRACTICAL MODULE: INTERPRETATION AND CHOREOGRAPHY OF ETHNIC-CONTEMPORATY DANCE – ORIENTAL FUSION SPECIALIZATION
Enlarge the Oriental dancer’s vocabulary; integrating the concepts of contemporary dance. Allowing the professionalization of the interpreter and the maturity of the choreographer.
- Introduction of the general concepts of classical dance in East: basic postures, principles movements and the vocabulary of dance.
- The seven classical dances of India and the main concepts based in Natyasastra.
- The Odissi Dance: basic postures, repertoires, the ten chokas and ten tribanguis.
- The hasta mudras, hands language and its application to dance.
- Training of basic movements of pelvic in Arabic Classical Dance.
- Enrichment of fusion vocabulary through the regular movements of nomadic dances from Near East and its Mediterranean influence.
- Andalusia: Flamenco education, knowledge of basic vocabulary and its direct relationship with the gypsy dancers.
- Learning pillars of classic Western: postural placement, muscle dynamic, stretching and toning.
- Study of basic vocabulary of classic Western.
- Concepts of contemporary and modern and its direct application in Orientalism.
- Contractions, releases and breathing in contemporary dance and its direct relationship with oriental philosophy.
- Qualities of movement; learn how to analyze a movement from their genuine characteristics: speed, weight and dynamics.
- Learning to write choreographically from the basic elements: body, space and time.
- Theoretical and practical learning of Rudolf Laban philosophy
- Utilization and canalization the creative potential: techniques of direct improvisation.
- Expressivity and theatricality in dance: spread the creation techniques of Stanislavski character, and the Eastern and Western theater of Eugene Barba.
Evaluation criteria of practical part
Scenario Interpretation: in final spectacle of diploma, 03 choreographic pieces of ethnic-contemporary dance – oriental fusion specialization. The choreographies that will be studied in depth during the course, they will transit by different fusions. The students should be able to interpret consistently the nuances of dance vocabulary studied, showing they understood and assimilated the investigation of ethnic-contemporary dance and its styling to the scene.
Choreograpy analyse: the student must internalized the tool in order to analyze the choreography based on the methodology of movement analysis by Rudolf Laban. The final spectacle will be celebrated in a prestigious and recognition in the country.
66 hours divided in 6 weekends and 3 meetings (only Saturday) of vocabulary during the school year 2016/2017. Delivery of Alicia Alonso Dance Superior Institute Certification and Fusion Art – Patricia Passo School Dance.
DIDACTIC MODULE: METHOLOLOGY AND DIDACTIC OF ORIENTAL FUSION DANCE
Provide the student with tools for dance pedagogy, oriental fusion specialization.
- Basic knowledge of the nomenclatures of India classical dances: legs postures, main repertoire of dances, expressions, hastas mudras, heads and eyes postures.
- Nomenclatures of the main movements of Arabic Classical dance, mention of hips and pelvic postures and principles gestures.
- Nomenclatures of main steps of Occidental classical dance. Postures of arms, spatial figures, jumps and turns.
- The steps and displacement of dances of the popular character and its matrixes in many folklores.
- The basic principles of primitive dances and its permanence through the ages.
- Comparative analyses of historical evolutions of the step and stylization of it to the scene.
- The need to create a single language and its direct link with the academic dance
- Development and nomenclature of Oriental Fusion Dance.
- Body awareness and anatomical principles to the explication of step and understanding of the human body.
- The implementation of the internal movement and its exteriorization: antagonistic forces, spiral concepts, body duality.
- The educative dance according to Rudolf Laban’s philosopher: the awakening of consciousness and the body intelligence.
- Main nomenclatures to analyze the movement. The body and space: three-dimensional, inner space, kinesfera.
- Group’s domain, development of the classes and students socialization.
- Basic structure of a class, the schema and the development of contents.
- The learning process of the beginner to the professionalization. Division into first, second, third and fourth year.
- Link between body and mind. Application of oriental philosophy for teaching the dance, considering the different needs of the student. Enabling the student that the dance would be a tool of self-knowledge and integration without necessarily put into play.
- Therapeutic process of dance.
Assistance and participation in class. Continuous evaluation through work in class. Final exam theoretical and practical.
24 hours divided in weekends during school year 2016/2017. Delivery of Alicia Alonso Dance Superior Institute Certification and Fusion Art – Patricia Passo School Dance.
DATAS OF THE COURSE
Direction: Patricia Passo
Coordination: Flávia Santhos
The diploma has theoretical and practical parts. The classes happen in a working environment both personal and group. In order to have success in learning process is essential to attend classes, as well as an individual preparation to elaborate the projects both theoretical and practical.
Final exams: June and September / October 2017.
Qualification: Proper degree
Assistance certificate of the “Alicia Alonso” Superior Institute of Dance (Rey Juan Carlos University) to conclude each module.
University diploma, proper degree of Rey Juan Carlos University with complete study of 3 modules.
Conclusion the exam in front of the university court (cost per student to do the exam is 50€ per each module. As well as the certificates and diploma have a cost of 50€, respectively).
Calendar and time
The classes happen in weekends (Saturday and Sunday).
- Didactic Module: date to be defined
- Practical Module: date to be defined
- Theoretical Module: date to be defined
Classes of vocabulary
- Dates to be defined
Total of duration: 114 hours in classroom
CLASSES CALENDAR TO BE DEFINED
- FUSION ART – ESCUELA DE DANZA PATRICIA PASSO Calle Olmo 19, local. Metro: Antón Martín. Madrid
- UNIVERSITARY CAMPUS of REY JUAN CARLOS UNIVERSITY (Fuenlabrada – Madrid)
- STUDIO PATRICIA PASSO BRASIL Jardim Botânico – Rio de Janeiro – Brasil
Complete course: to be defined / Discount of 10% for payment in cash Didactic
Module: to be defined Theoretical Module: to be defined
Practical Module: to be defined
The diploma can be paid in installments during the course. Need to pay the registration in the same time that you book the place.
More information please contact us
Watch any’s Galas prom earlier promotions on our youtube channel